SGT BOWE BERGDAHL TURNS 27: Still held captive by America’s enemies.

SGT Bowe Bergdahl Birthday 2013 © supportbowe.org & LMD

Today is the twenty-eighth day of March.  Twenty-seven years ago today Bowe Robert Bergdahl was born into a loving family living in a small town in rural Idaho.  Life was good in Idaho and Bowe grew up to become a kind, intelligent, adventurous young man.

Fast forward to today.  Bowe’s family still lives in Idaho and they still love him dearly.  Bowe, however, is being held captive somewhere in Afghanistan or Pakistan by insurgents who are allied with the Taliban.

While it’s shocking enough to learn that a United States Army soldier has been taken prisoner by those who are fighting against America, it’s even more shocking to know that one has been held captive for nearly four years.  As of today, Bowe has seen four birthdays pass since he was taken captive on 30 June 2009. We wonder if Bowe knows that he turns twenty-seven today.  We pray that next year that question won’t even need to be asked.  It is our greatest hope that in 2014 he will be able to celebrate his birthday, celebrate his life, with his loving family in that small town in Idaho.

What people are doing

Bowe’s supporters have made extra time today to tell others Bowe’s story.  Many have distributed flyers and brochures to tell people about his plight.  We have a free downloadable brochure that you can get HERE to use to spread the word about Bowe.  Facebook users and twitter users are sharing posts about Bowe via social media.  We have posts that you can share from our FACEBOOK PAGE “Waiting and Advocating for Sgt Bowe Bergdahl, US Army – POW”.  Also, please take a minute to SIGN Bowe’s Guestbook.

Interviews

Dayle Ohlau of Idaho’s KECH-fm 95.3 interviewed Bowe’s parents, Jani and Bob Bergdahl, today. In an in-depth session she finds out more about how the Bergdahls are able to manage through and cope with the crisis of their son being held as a prisoner of war. Also discussed is how Bob Bergdahl is studying the culture in which Bowe finds himself in order to help to bring his son home. Separately there is also a short segment that features Bowe’s family wishing him a happy birthday.

FOLLOW HERE to listen to the in-depth interview with Bowe’s parents.

FOLLOW HERE to listen as Bowe’s family sends him birthday greetings today.

From us to Bowe

We will end our post today by saying “Happy Birthday Bowe!  We are standing strong for you until you come home.  God willing, may you celebrate your day next year in Idaho surrounded by those who love you.”

photo courtesy of JR - Anacortes, WA

photo courtesy of JR – Anacortes, WA

17 comments on “SGT BOWE BERGDAHL TURNS 27: Still held captive by America’s enemies.

1. gypseemom says:

Reblogged this on empty nest anonymous and commented:
    My thoughts and prayers are with Bowe and his family and I wanted to help them spread the word of his plight. I am a mother of an Army son, and my heart goes out to this family. I really don’t see this being reported on the news and he has been held captive since 2009. Please help share this story and spread the word and contact your area representatives to work on getting this P.O.W. back home to U.S. soil, and to his loved ones. Thanks!

2. For Bowe to still be alive is a miracle in itself !
    God very much has a plan for him and in hopes to return home .
    I’ve just learned about Bowes story and have been deeply touched . I and my family will be praying . I’m hopeing this reaches the media and a pubic out cry begins .

Melissa from Baton Rouge / Dallas USA

3. Hope E Ransom says:

I just heard of Bowe’s plight through shared post on facebook. I am a veteran, and will not rest until Bowe is reunited with his family. I will join the facebook page and follow until Bowe returns home, is safe and healed from his ordeal. Would a petition on change.org help to put pressure on congress? Sharing this info with all veteran and military groups would surely get the required signatures. To Bowe: on Your Birthday and all days, please know multitudes have you in their thoughts and prayers. You are not alone. Sending you, Bowe, All Of My Light and Love in hopes it will aid you on your journey home. It Will Happen. Stay Strong.

• Rapee Rumtt says:

I’m a woman from Thailand
      I feel sorry for his lovely family.
      Waiting to go home to his son.
      I beg a prayer to God. Help bring him back to the embrace of his family is safe.
      I hope this is another one.
      To help bring him home.And celebrate his birthday next year.
      I hope that is true.

4. Rapee Rumtt says:

Date of birth.
    I ask you to be happy.
    You will be part of the world. Let you know that I’m the one who cares for you.
    I pleaded with God to take you back to the embrace of your family soon.
    I was in Thailand, one that is your friend.
    God bless

5. Debbie says:

Happy Birthday to a true American hero. How it saddens us that you will spend yet another birthday in captivity while fighting for freedom for all. Prayer is the supernatural force that can break through when all else fails; let’s join together and prayer for the safe return of Sgt. Bergdahl – and quick! “More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of” Alfred Tennyson

6. SFC Thomas Oates says:

Happy Birthday Sgt Bergdahl. Thank you for your Service and commitment to our Freedom. I know we still have SF teams over there, I’m hoping one them will find you and get you on your way home. As others had said on this page, Parents please email me and let me know what I do to help at Tom

“De Oppresso Liber”

7. Our Thoughts & Prayers go to You. We will continue to make the Nation aware of your captivity. YOU WILL COME HOME! YOUR COURAGE & STRENGTH WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!

8. Venay K. Money says:

Happy Birthday Bowe and thank you for your service. My heart breaks for you and your family. I can’t understand why our government has not done anything in four years to gain your release. I work at the DAV office in Port Angeles, Wash. and I have everything concerning you posted for all of our Veterans to see. Sat. the 30th of March we are having our annual “Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans” program and as we have done the last three years, your story will be told and a prayer will be offered for your safe return home and soon.
    Loyally and with love,
    Venay Money
    President VFW Ladies Aux. 1024

9. Angelica Vazquez says:

Happy Birthday Bowe! My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, your friends and fellow supporters. I will continue to spread the word about you so that we can make sure you are brought home safe and sound. We have not forgotten you and you are truly missed!

10. Tammy Womack says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY?.. Praying for GOD to release you from your bondage… Praying for your loved ones. Most of all, praying for God to make His presence known today in the midst of evil… FOR HE HAS RISEN..

11. Billie G says:

Happy Birthday to SGT Bowe Bergdahl. I pray that the Lord keeps him healthy and brings him home safe to your loving arms.

12. Jacque Anderson says:

Happy Birthday! Thank you for your service! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers daily! You are a true hero! Will continue to spread your story in hopes for a safe journey home! God Bless!

13. Matthew Newhart says:

Sgt. Bergdahl thank you for your service, you and your family will be in my prayers. Stay strong and know we havent forgot about you. You are a hero! Happy Birthday Sgt. Bergdahl!!

14. Lisa Silver says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I keep your name and plight alive & you have not been forgotten..I hope somewhere in your heart I truly hope you know that. I truly hope I get the chance to meet you when you come home, I am far away from Idaho but would love the chance! Your parents must be mighty proud of the little guy they raised & hope they are also hopeful on this day, your birthday. Hope & faith sure don’t sound like much but sometimes it’s all we have. So, hold it tightly & believe with everything you have, and we will see you soon!!

15. Bill Buschgen says:

Congress does not seem to be doing anything – what can we really do to help?

Thanks, Bill Buschgen/Vietnam Vet/Phoenix

The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

________________________________

• Happy Birthday Sgt. Bergdahl. Thank you so much for your service and commitment to our great nation! To the parents-Please email me and let me know what I can do to help! I have a very patriotic family that would all love to contact congress individually on your behalf! please don’t hesitate to email me! Also, I’m a Christian and I truly believe that the Lord can work through something like this, I’ll pray for you and your entire family, please let me know your first names and I’ll pray for you individually! I’m so sorry that you have to go through this, I can only imagine the pain and suffering that you’re enduring, so please contact me and I would love to help in any way I can! -Chris

Comments are closed.