America currently has only one Prisoner of War from the War on Terror who has yet to be rescued. He is Sergeant Bowe Robert Bergdahl – US Army who was captured in Afghanistan on 30 June 2009.

We who seek to Bring Bowe Home understand that the idea of a Prisoner of War is not just a concept- a Prisoner of War is a real person with hopes, dreams and a desire to live. A Prisoner of War has a family who loves him or her and longs for their loved one to return home. We know these things and it fuels our effort to speak out for Bowe. We will not stop our work until Bowe comes home.

Today is National POW*MIA Recognition Day. Please set aside special time today to remember Bowe and his family in your prayers. Please use your voice today to speak out for Bowe. He needs you to tell the world his story since he cannot. May God Bless Bowe and May God Bless his family.

Please follow HERE to join us to remember Bowe and to show your support for him and his family.

Our thoughts and prayers are also with all of the brave of our nation whose service to America has placed them on the roll of those who are now counted as a Prisoner of War or as Missing in Action. Further, we hold close in our hearts their families whose lives have been changed forever. Our deepest prayers for these families is that they will someday receive the answer that they are waiting for. May all families be healed of the wounds that they have suffered. May every Prisoner of War who has returned home alive overcome the terror of their ordeal and would find peace and healing. We pray that every living Prisoner of War would be rescued and all who are Missing in Action would be accounted for.   May all who have sacrificed know that they are never forgotten and that America will be forever grateful. May God Bless them all and God Bless America.

10 comments on “National POW*MIA Recognition Day 2012: Remembering SGT Bowe Bergdahl and the POW/MIAs of America

1. Michael Saxon says:

I read this article and posted it on Facebook to help make people aware. I left a link to this page. It makes me angry to see America use one of our soldiers who was captured by the Taliban over three years ago as a political means to make peace between Afghanistan and the Taliban. Give the Taliban their 5 terrorists or however many they want that we have incarcerated and get this kid back to his family. Adding another 5+ terrorists to have to kill is worth saving a life especially when that life was out fighting for us and is the reason he got caught in the first place. Adding 5 more terrorists is dangerous but still not as dangerous as 1 U.S. soldier.
    It has become political now. Gosh I don’t know who is more cold blooded. The Taliban or our politicians?

2. Melanie Cole says:

You and your family are in my prayers daily. They need to send someone in to find you and get you out. I can not understand why they have not already done this. May God be with you at this time in your life.

3. Shelly Huband says:

It’s nice everybody leaves nice comments and such. However, WHAT DO WE DO to actually get him home????? If tying a yellow ribbon around my tree would get that boy home, I would do it! And I would do it just to honor him. But I want action!!! How do I do that???

4. much love and concern go out to you Sgt Bowe Bergdahl and family, Everyday I make calls to the Whitehouse and leave a message, Whitehouse # 202 456 1111, also call everyday the comment line for congress and senators # 202 224 3121. Please, everyone that sees this do the same, Post on your social media and ask your friends to do the same, It does not take a lot of time and may be another way to get America’s POW SGT Bowe Bergdahl home safe, now & with honors, whatever it takes, Please Bring Bowe Home to his family. It’s been 4 yrs, Please Bring Bowe Home.
    There is the Whitehouse web site http://www.whitehouse.gov. go to contacts (@ the top) fill out all the fields and when you get to comment box , in capitols type, FLAG HARDSHIP, then continue with your message. Please the more of Bowe’s supporters that do this, it will help bring Bowe home and we ALL need to do something everyday to help Bowe and his family. Take Action please.

5. Jean Resonr says:

WE NEED TO FIND THIS BOY!!!!! THIS IS A USA TROOP!!! STOP AID TO AFGANISTAN!! WHERE IS OUR GOV.?WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT? I’M SURE IF IT WERE THEIR SON HE WOULD BE HOME!! THIS IS A DISGRACE TO THE UNITED STATES!!!! GET HIM HOME “HE SHOULD HAVE PRIORITY, HE IS ALL OUR RESPONSIBILITY,”!!!! HE IS “”””A M E R I C A N P R I D E”””””!!!!~~~~GOD BLESS YOU ” SGT. BOWE R BERGDAHL”. WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR SAFE RETURN «««<3

• Mary Soldano says:

Well said Jean! He should be our nation’s top priority! It is a disgrace that nothing has been done to bring Bowe home-as a mother of two sons in the military-I can’t imagine the pain his family goes through every day! I pray for his safe return! I think there needs to be more in the news about Bowe! It should be brought up time and again to the President and all of congress until someone responds. I Feel if we can find Osama Bin Laden then we sure find Bowe!

6. Venay Money says:

Today VFW Post 1024 and Ladies Aux. had our annual POW-MIA program open to the public. We made a lot of people aware of Bowe. The more people that know, the more voices to speak on his behalf. Our prayers to him, his family and friends.

7. got my sign out today and had it before this new one came out. Like the new one better but glad that I had it in time for today.

8. Zachery Copulos says:

We are waiting for you to come home and praying for you and your family. We have not forgotten you! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

9. LAUREN newell says:

I will never forget. I pray for him and his family everyday. Peace be with you.

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 21:47:59 +0000 To: lnewell22@hotmail.com